Welcome to Your Everyday Fan's blog.

This blog is made to give a voice to a regular Joe, um Frank, in a Sports World of analysts and "experts" to show that the real knowledgeable one is the guy sitting in those nose bleeds, and not the one sitting in the studio. The blog will give you insight on New York sports news that I find relevant, with some national news sprinkled in from time to time.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A brewskie for your thoughts

So as I stood in a sports bar last night, mulling over which beer I would like, I glanced over at the TV. The Mets post game was on so I figured I'd leave the conversation I was in, and take some time to see how the game turned out. The bar was far too loud to hear anything, and there was no captions, but I decided to try to pick apart the broadcast by myself, and this is what I came up with:

First, the Mets handed the O's a 5-1 loss, as Dickey pitched his way to seven innings of one run ball and cruised through the O's lineup as many have before him. Chris Carter hit his first career home run, and cashed in three runs, I couldn't help but wipe a tear from my eye. Of course, that might have been because my Corona came and I squeezed the lime in my eye.

The next thing I noticed was something that I could hardly say was unexpected. The two soccer scores from the day went by on the screen. 0-0 was the first one, and coming in with an extremely exciting game (sarcasm), South Africa tied Mexico with a whopping score of 1-1 ... Two ties, on the world's biggest stage. In 160 some odd minutes combined, the teams managed to score 2 goals. Let me tell you why I hate soccer. First off.... wait wait, I already did this post.

Anyways, this is all I got to notice before I got distracted from the TV because one of my favorite songs was on.

What to watch on TV:

Mets plays the second game of the series vs. the Orioles.

There's some soccer stuff on TV, America's playing, but really who cares?

But if you want an alternative to soccer, you could always bang your head on a table for 80 minutes. I'd imagine it's the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment